Mental Health Matters Month is a great time for young people to Take Action for Mental Health! This Activity Guide provides ideas for youth-led mental health events and activities. And whether you are a youth, educator or a parent, take some time for journaling, coloring and deep breathing activities from the Mental Health Thrival Kit. More activities and resources can be found in the Take Action for Mental Health Toolkit.
- Take Action for Mental Health and learn how you can check-in with yourself and others and get support for mental health. Visit www.takeaction4MH.com to learn more.
- Learn the warning signs for suicide and how to support a friend. Visit www.suicideispreventable.org, download this pocket card, or view this short video.
- Submit to the Hope and Justice art and film contest: “Take Action for Mental Health”. Paint, write or sing about changes you hope to see in yourself or in your community when it comes to mental health and acceptance of young people who are experiencing a mental health challenge. The lime green ribbon is a symbol of mental health and should be incorporated in your submission in a creative way! Deadline May 31, 2023! For more information view flyer and visit the monthly prompt contest page.
- View Films and Vote! We are once again hosting a People’s Choice Award. Watch all the statewide finalists in Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Matters and vote for your favorite! Then share your favorite films on social media. Make sure to tag Directing Change – each share will result in a donation by one of our sponsors! Vote here.
- Share short films about mental health created by youth across California on social media, during events or presentations, on your website, or as part of awareness campaigns. Short (60-second) films can be downloaded for free here.
- And last but not least- stay connected! Sign up for our newsletter for events, updates and volunteer opportunities.
A big thank you to our sponsors and partners!