February 2024: You Are Never a Bother
Life can get overwhelming and it’s not always easy to express how we feel or to reach out for help. Young people may sometimes feel like they don’t want to burden others with their problems. This month create a film, art piece, song or narrative that validates a young person’s feelings, letting them know they are never a bother.
This prompt is part of the California Department of Public Health funded statewide youth suicide prevention media campaign “Never a Bother.” The campaign is being co-created with young people across California and is expected to launch in Spring of 2024.
- Create an art piece that can be used as a sticker, reminding a friend that they are never a bother. Incorporate one or more of these statements:
- You are never a bother
- We can get better together
- Bother me When…and/or
- Call or Text 988 to reach the 988 Suicide & Crisis Line.
- All 60-second films are automatically entered into our annual film-contest for a chance to win cash prizes and red carpet recognition!
- TikTok Challenge: Every TikTok that encourages someone to “Bother Me When” aligned with the prompt receives a $20 gift card and a chance to win a $100 grand prize.
Share the flyer (in English and Spanish) and submit your entry by February 29th!
View future prompts on our 2023/2024 Monthly Prompt Calendar